Monday 28 May 1917
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on May 28, 1917). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Marshall Reed and Papa John Creach.
Two of a Kind, directed by John Herzfeld, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 May 1917
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 May 1917!
Which were the important events of 28 May 1917 ?
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Germain of Paris
- Republic Day in Azerbaijan and Armenia (both 1918).
- Bernard of Menthon
- Augustine of Canterbury
- William of Gellone
- Marshall Reed: American character actor for many years; production manager on films.
- Papa John Creach: American musician (Born 1917).
- Papa John Creech: American fiddler (Jefferson Airplane, Hot Tuna) (d. 1994).
- Gerald Cash: Governor-General (Bahamas).
- "Papa" John Creach: Violinist.
- Barry Commoner: American biologist academic and politician (d. 2012).
- Papa Creach: American violinist (Jefferson Airplane Hot Tuna and The Dinosaurs) (d. 1994).
- Robert Hampson: American business executive, executive with ford motor co.
- Pape John Creech: Rocker (Hot Tuna, Jefferson Airplane).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1917 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Poor Butterfly - Fritz Kreisler
- Livery Stable Blues - Original Dixieland Jazz Band
- For Me and My Gal - Prince's Orchestra
- Poor Butterfly - Charles Harrison