Wednesday 23 May 1917
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Julia Diaz and Edward Norton Lorenz.
A Romance of the Redwoods, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
while Wildfire by Zane Gre was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 May 1917!
Which were the important events of 23 May 1917 ?
- World Turtle Day
- Saint Desiderius
- Saint Guibert of Gemblours
- Saint Montana
- Bah�'f Faith: Declaration of the B�b
- Discordianism: Day of Disunity
- Edward Norton Lorenz: American mathematician and meteorologist (d. 2008).
- Julia Diaz: Salvadoran painter, founder of the first art gallery in El Salvador.
- Radcliffe Squires: American poet, author of seven books of poetry, as well as book-length critical studies.
- Paul Wade: American astrologer, early member of AFA.
- Henri Piatier: Bar le Duc Military man.
- Edward Lorenz: American mathematician and meteorologist (Born 1917).
- Dutch 2nd Chamber okays 1908 conscription draft
- A month of civil violence in Milan, Italy ends after the Italian army forcefully takes over the city from anarchists and anti-war revolutionaries. Fifty people are killed and 800 people are arrested.Seton-Watson, Christopher. 1967. Italy from Liberalism to Fascism: 1870 to 1925. London: Methuen amp Co. Ltd. Pp. 468–9
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1917 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Let's All be Americans Now - American Quartet
- From Here to Shanghai - Gene Greene & Peerless Quartet
- America, Here's My Boy - Peerless Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?