Tuesday 3 June 1980
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Olusheyi Banjo American gospel singer and Amauri Carvalho de Oliveira.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Funkytown by Lipps, Inc..
In UK What's Another Year by Johnny Logan was in the top 5 hits.
Urban Cowboy, directed by James Bridges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while Princess Daisy by Judith Krantz was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Adventure Game.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Mission Asteroid or Space Monster (Videopac).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 June 1980!
Which were the important events of 3 June 1980 ?
- Kevin Bokelmann - St Kevin's Day.
- Feast day of St Charles Lwanga and Companions, Martyrs of Uganda.
- Roman Empire - Festival to Bellona.
- Olusheyi Banjo American gospel singer: poet, writer.
- Amauri Carvalho de Oliveira: Brazilian footballer.
- Amauri : Brazilian-Italian footballer.
- Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani: Qatari king.
- Lazaros Papadopoulos: Russian-Greek basketball player.
- Tjerk Smeets: Dutch baseball player
- Jimmy Carter wins enough delegates for renomination
- New York Mets draft Darryl Strawberry, 18, #1
- U.S. Senator Ted Kennedy wins several primaries, including California, on 'Super Tuesday', but not enough to overtake President Jimmy Carter for the Democratic Party nomination. Jimmy Carter wins enough delegates for renomination as US President.
- ESPN begins televising college world series games.
- Crew of Soyuz 36 returns to Earth aboard Soyuz 35.
- The 1980 Grand Island tornado outbreak. Seven tornadoes hit Grand Island, Nebraska takes five lives, 357 single-family homes, 33 mobile homes, 85 apartments, 49 businesses and $300 million in damages all told, according to National Weather Service and American Red Cross statistics on the deadly storm.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1980 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?