Monday May 20, 2019
US date format: 5/20/2019, UK date format: 20/5/2019
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus (see birth chart on May 20, 2019). The US president was Donald John Trump (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Theresa May (Conservative).
State of the Union, directed by Frank Capra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2019
On TV people were watching The Code.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of May 20, 2019?
- Saint Austregisilus
- Saint Lucifer
- Saint Theodore of Pavia
- Saint Bernardine of Siena
- See more
- Thirty-two people are killed when Islamic State members started a prison riot and a fire in a prison located in Vahdat, Tajikistan. (BBC) (Al Jazeera) (RT)
- Whole Foods Market announces it will eliminate disposable plastic straws in July from its stores in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. (USA Today)
- Ascena Retail Group announces it will close all 650 Dressbarn stores by the end of the year. (USA Today)
- Two people are killed, the pilot and the passenger, when a floatplane crashes into Metlakatla harbor near Ketchikan, Alaska. The pilot and passenger were the only people on board. (CBS News) (NBC News)
- See more
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Amazon Faces Investor Pressure Over Facial Recognition Shareholders are voting on whether to push the tech giant to examine the human rights and financial risks of the surveillance technology. [..]
- As Huawei Loses Google, the U.S.-China Tech Cold War Gets Its Iron Curtain The White House’s hard-line approach threatens to speed up the development of two technology worlds, further isolating one-fifth of internet users. [..]
- See all financial news of May 20, 2019