Wednesday May 15, 2019
US date format: 5/15/2019, UK date format: 15/5/2019
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus (see birth chart on May 15, 2019). The US president was Donald John Trump (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Theresa May (Conservative).
State of the Union, directed by Frank Capra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2019
On TV people were watching The Code.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of May 15, 2019?
- Paraguay - Independence Day. Celebrations for the anniversary of the independence begin on Flag Day, 14 May.
- Nakba Day in Palestinian communities.
- Roman Empire - Mercuralia in honor of Mercury held.
- International day of climate changes.
- See more
- Militants kill at least 17 Niger Armed Forces troops in an ambush near the Malian border. Another 11 soldiers are missing; six others have been evacuated to a hospital. No group has claimed responsibility. (BBC) (Reuters)
- The Jeremy Kyle Show, one of the United Kingdom's most watched reality television programmes, is cancelled by ITV Studios following the suicide of a male guest shortly after taking part in the programme. The show has long been criticised for its style, with many describing it as poverty porn. (BBC)
- A helicopter with only the pilot onboard crashes into the Hudson River shortly after taking off from the West 30th Street Heliport in New York City injuring the pilot and the dockworker on the ground.
- Pacific Islands Forum: United Nations Secretary General António Guterres says Pacific island nations are "running out of time" in regards to climate change and global warming effects. (Radio New Zealand)
- See more
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next May 15If May 15, 2019 is your birthday you're 1 year, 2 months, 19 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 9 months, 12 days.
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- American Express to Buy Resy, a Restaurant Booking Service The deal is the card giant’s latest effort to expand into the hospitality industry, giving it the country’s biggest privately held option for reserving tables. [..]
- California Says PG&E Power Lines Caused Camp Fire That Killed 85 State officials concluded that Pacific Gas & Electric lines caused the Camp Fire, which destroyed the town of Paradise and is the deadliest in state history. [..]
- See all financial news of May 15, 2019