Monday May 27, 2019
US date format: 5/27/2019, UK date format: 27/5/2019
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini (see birth chart on May 27, 2019). The US president was Donald John Trump (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Theresa May (Conservative).
State of the Union, directed by Frank Capra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2019
On TV people were watching The Code.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of May 27, 2019?
- Mother's Day in Bolivia (Dfa de la Madre)
- Bruno, Bishop of Wnrzburg
- See more
- French police arrest four people in connection with last Friday's bombing in Lyon's historic city center that injured 13 people. Anti-terrorist prosecutors are leading the investigation. District mayor Denis Broliquier said the bomb was a relatively weak explosive that was too small to kill. No one has claimed responsibility for the attack. (BBC)
- Over Sunday and Monday, 55 people die of asphyxiation in various prisons across the Brazilian city of Manaus. (BBC)
- Italian firm Fiat Chrysler proposes a merger with French carmaker Renault. The new company will be based in the Netherlands and will be listed on the Milan, Paris and New York stock exchanges. (BBC)
- At least 45 people die when a boat sinks on Lake Mai-Ndombe in western Democratic Republic of Congo. (BBC)
- See more
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Brexit Is Sending Students Packing, Straining Private Schools on Both Ends While campuses in Britain look toward Asia in their struggle to refill seats, those on the Continent are scrambling to prepare for a crush of new pupils. [..]
- McKinsey Said Disclosure Rules Were Confusing. It Ignored Its Own Primer. The consulting company has argued it’s too hard to understand the disclosure rules intended to keep bankruptcy proceedings honest. It could have just looked at “Bankruptcy 101.” [..]
- See all financial news of May 27, 2019