Thursday May 16, 2019
US date format: 5/16/2019, UK date format: 16/5/2019
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus (see birth chart on May 16, 2019). The US president was Donald John Trump (Republican).
State of the Union, directed by Frank Capra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2019
On TV people were watching The Code.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
You can also have a look at May 16 across the years.
Which were the most popular movies released in those months ?
Which were the important events of May 16, 2019?
- Saint HonorT of Amiens
- Saint Andrew Bobola
- Saint Ubaldus
- Adelaide Cup day - South Australia (2005).
- See more
- UK Prime Minister Theresa May says that she will detail the timetable for her resignation after the Brexit vote in June. (FT), (The New York Times), (Time)
- Brexit negotiations in 2019, Premiership of Theresa May: UK Prime Minister Theresa May says that she will detail the timetable for her resignation after the Brexit vote in June. (FT), (The New York Times), (Time)
- U.S. federal agents raid the Venezuelan embassy to evict Code Pink protesters, at the request of National Assembly leader Juan Guaido. They had been staying at the embassy at the invitation of Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro, who is locked in a dispute over the presidency with Guaido. Maduro's government considers the raid to be a violation of the Vienna convention. (Reuters) (The Independent)
- U.S. President Donald Trump proposes a new immigration plan based on merits such as college degrees and skilled trades and less on family ties. (The New York Times)
- See more
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV series released in those months ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- 10 in Eastern Europe Are Charged in Malware Attacks in the U.S. The attacks enabled criminals to take control of infected computers and plunder victims’ bank accounts remotely, the authorities said. [..]
- Europe Fines 5 Banks $1.2 Billion for Their Roles in Foreign Exchange Cartels Traders at Barclays, Citigroup, JPMorgan Chase, Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group and the Royal Bank of Scotland engaged in anti-competitive behavior, the European Commission found. [..]
- See all financial news of May 16, 2019