Wednesday 4 August 1915
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Warren Avis and Irving Fields.
The Seven Sisters, directed by Sidney Olcott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
while Pollyanna Grows Up by Eleanor H. Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 August 1915!
Which were the important events of 4 August 1915 ?
- Ancient Egypt - Jubilation of the Heart of Re
- El Salvador - Transfiguration Bank Holiday
- Cook Islands - Constitution Day (celebrations begin on the last Friday in July and last up to 2 weeks.)
- Burkina Faso - Anniversary of the Revolution
- St. Luanus/Lugid
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint John Vianney, the patron saint of priests
- St. Dominic
- Warren Avis: American businessman founded Avis Rent a Car System (d. 2007).
- Irving Fields: NYC, New York -- Pianist (Ilona Massey Show).
- Richard Kiepert: German cartographer (Africa), dies at 68.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1915 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Down Among the Sheltering Palms - Lyric Quartet
- The Little Ford Rambled Right Along - Billy Murray
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?