Sunday 29 August 1915
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Denys Hay and Ingrid Bergman.
while Michael O'Halloran by Gene Stratton Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 August 1915!
Which were the important events of 29 August 1915 ?
- The first day of Thoth - which is the first day of the Egyptian calendar. Thoth is the Ibis-headed god of knowledge.
- Slovakia - Slovak National Uprising Day (1944, against the Nazis)
- Eastern Orthodox Christianity and Roman Catholic Church commemorate the beheading of John the Baptist with a feast day
- 1997 - Judgment Day, from the movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Official Yakiniku Day in Japan as proclaimed by the All Japan Yakiniku Association.
- Denys Hay: Historian.
- Ingrid Bergman: Swedish-American actress who won Oscars for "Gaslight," 1945 and "Anastasia," 1957.
- Jean Malrieu: French poet who died in Bruniquel on 25 April 1976.
- Endel Laas: Estonian scientist and academic (d. 2009).
- Nathan Pritikin: American nutritionist and author (d. 1985).
- US Navy salvage divers raise F-4, the first U.S. submarine sunk in accident.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1915 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Jane - Peerless Quartet
- Estrellita - McKee's Orchestra
- On, Wisconsin! - Prince's Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?