Monday 2 August 1915
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Johan Limpers and Émile Carrara.
The Seven Sisters, directed by Sidney Olcott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
while A Far Country by Winston Churchill was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 August 1915!
Which were the important events of 2 August 1915 ?
- St. Etheldritha/Alfrida
- St. Alphonsus Mary de Ligouri
- St. Stephen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 4 saints: St. Peter Julian Eymard
- Feast day of Ilya the Prophet in Russian Orthodox Church
- Bulgaria/Republic of Macedonia - Ilinden (St. Ilya Day), a day of remembrance of the Ilinden Uprising
- Costa Rica - Our Lady of the Angels
- Day of airborne forces in Russia
- Johan Limpers: Sculptor / resistance fighter.
- Émile Carrara: French composer and accordionist of Italian origin.
- William Gear: William Gear was a Scottish painter and silk screen printing pioneer, who won numerous international awards.
- Gary Merrill: Actor (Time Tunnel, Huckleberry Finn), dies at 75.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1915 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Down Among the Sheltering Palms - Lyric Quartet
- The Little Ford Rambled Right Along - Billy Murray
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?