Friday 4 August 1916
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 4, 1916). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dominique Hubert .
Madcap Ambrose, directed by Fred Hibbard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 August 1916
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 August 1916!
Which were the important events of 4 August 1916 ?
- Ancient Egypt - Jubilation of the Heart of Re
- El Salvador - Transfiguration Bank Holiday
- Cook Islands - Constitution Day (celebrations begin on the last Friday in July and last up to 2 weeks.)
- Burkina Faso - Anniversary of the Revolution
- St. Luanus/Lugid
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint John Vianney, the patron saint of priests
- St. Dominic
- Dominique Hubert: Port-Louis Military man.
- Denmark cedes Danish West Indies, including the Virgin Islands, to the US for $25 million
- World War I: Liberia declares war on Germany.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1916 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Just A-Wearyin' for You - Lucy Isabelle Marsh
- The Nightingale Song - Alma Gluck
- Hello, Hawaii, How Are You? - Nora Bayes
- Babes in the Wood - Gladys Rice & Walter Van Brunt