Thursday 19 August 1915
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 19, 1915). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ring Lardner Jr and Ring Lardner.
The Bank, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 August 1915
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 August 1915!
Which were the important events of 19 August 1915 ?
- Roman festivals - Vinalia Rustica celebrated in honor of Venus Libitina commemorating the founding of the oldest known temple to her, on the Esquiline Hill, in 293 BC on this date.
- RC saints - Saint Sebald, Saint Louis of Toulouse, Jean-Eudes de MTzeray
- Afghanistan - Afghan Independence Day see above: 1919
- National Day of the Filipino Language, Philippines - Holiday for Quezon City, Quezon Province and other municipalities named after Manuel Quezon
- National Aviation Day, USA
- Ring Lardner Jr: American journalist and screenwriter (d. 2000).
- Lardner Ring Jr: Chicago, Illinois -- Screenwriter (Woman of the Year).
- Ring Lardner: American noted family, writer and reporter.
- Élisabeth Miribel: French woman of letters, biographer and diplomat who died on 29 March 2005.
- Héléne Parmelin: Nancy Writer.
- Alfred Rouleau: French Canadian businessman and administrator (Desjardins Group) (d. 1985).
- Rationing laws go into effect in the Netherlands
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1915 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The Magic Melody - Billy Murray
- Auntie Skinner's Chicken Dinner - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan