Saturday June 27, 1903
US date format: 6/27/1903, UK date format: 27/6/1903
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on June 27, 1903). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Arthur Balfour (Conservative), Pope Leo XIII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Henri Henault and Alphonse Rouge.
Sleeping Beauty, directed by Casper Van Dien, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1903
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of June 27, 1903?
- National HIV Testing Day in United States
- National Veterans' Day in the United Kingdom 
- Stonewall Day (date of many gay pride celebrations, including those in New York City, San Francisco, Toronto, and Madrid)
- Feast of St Cyril of Alexandria
- 9th US Golf Open: Willie Anderson shoots a 307 at Baltusrol Golf Club - New Jersey
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 27, 1903?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Arthur Collins - I'm a Jonah Man
- Columbia Orchestra - Hiawatha