Thursday 4 August 2011
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 4, 2011). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Party Rock Anthem by LMFAO.
The Help, directed by Tate Taylor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Portrait Of A Spy by Daniel Silva was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Black Dynamite.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Big Huggin' or Cabals: Magic & Battle Cards.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 August 2011
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 August 2011!
Which were the important events of 4 August 2011 ?
- Ancient Egypt - Jubilation of the Heart of Re
- El Salvador - Transfiguration Bank Holiday
- Cook Islands - Constitution Day (celebrations begin on the last Friday in July and last up to 2 weeks.)
- Burkina Faso - Anniversary of the Revolution
- St. Luanus/Lugid
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint John Vianney, the patron saint of priests
- St. Dominic
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 04 August
- A senior intelligence officer in Afghanistan's National Directorate of Security, Payenda Khan, is killed in a bombing in Kunduz Province. (CNN)
- Kraft Foods announces that it will split into two operations consisting of its North American grocery business and its global snack foods business. (Reuters via Yahoo!)
- Stock markets around the world fall on the back of concerns about global economic growth with the Dow Jones Industrial Average falling by 4%. (''New York Times'')
- Tropical Storm Emily is expected to make landfall on Haiti where it is expected to cause heavy flooding. (AP via ''Houston Chronicle'')
- The Japanese government led by Prime Minister Naoto Kan announces that it is firing three senior bureaucrats responsible for nuclear energy policy as a result of the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear disaster earlier this year. (AP via ''Washington Post'')
- Fourteen states in the Southern United States are on a heat alert with several dozen deaths since July as part of a heat wave. (MSNBC)
- Sky News reports new evidence that North Korean officials have been involved in the illegal drugs trade. (Sky News)
- The shutdown of the United States Federal Aviation Administration will end August 8th. (''Washington Post'')
- A judge rules that Donald Rumsfeld can be sued personally for damages by a U.S. Army veteran in his 50s who says he was imprisoned unjustly and tortured by the U.S. military in Iraq. (Huffington Post)
- Heather Mills claims that a Mirror Group journalist admitted hacking into her phone and listening to a message from then-boyfriend Paul McCartney - Piers Morgan has admitted to hearing it although he was not the journalist involved. (BBC)
- The Virginia Tech campus, site of an April 2007 mass shooting, goes on lockdown as a precaution after reports of a man, possibly armed with a gun, on or near the campus were made by teenagers attending a camp there.
- Nelson Jobim resigns as the Minister of Defence in Brazil after making critical remarks about the government of President Dilma Rousseff and fellow Ministers - he is replaced by Celso Amorim. (''Wall Street Journal'')
- The British Government launches a new e-petition website to encourage the public to prompt parliamentary debate on topics they feel are important. Several petitions concern proposals for and against restoring the death penalty, last used in the UK in 1964. (BBC)
- In American football, players in the US National Football League ratify a new collective bargaining agreement including provisions for tests for human growth hormone. (''New York Times'')
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in August 2011?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- I'm On One - DJ Khaled Featuring Drake, Rick Ross & Lil Wayne
- Motivation - Kelly Rowland Featuring Lil Wayne
- Sure Thing - Miguel
- How To Love - Lil Wayne
- She Ain't You - Chris Brown
- My Last - Big Sean Featuring Chris Brown
- Nicki Minaj - Super Bass
- Unusual - Trey Songz Featuring Drake
- Man Down - Rihanna
- Far Away - Marsha Ambrosius
Top #10 Latin songs
- Give Me Everything - Pitbull Featuring Ne-Yo, Afrojack & Nayer
- Taboo - Don Omar
- Ven A Bailar - Jennifer Lopez Featuring Pitbull
- You - Romeo Santos
- Te Amo y Te Amo - La Adictiva Banda San Jose de Mesillas
- Di Que Regresaras - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- Prometi - Intocable
- Cuanto Me Cuesta - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- No Me Dejes Con Las Ganas - Los Horoscopos de Durango
- Amor Clandestino - Mana
Top #10 Rock songs
- The Adventures Of Rain Dance Maggie - Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Walk - Foo Fighters
- Country Song - Seether
- Foster The People - Pumped Up Kicks
- Rope - Foo Fighters
- Coldplay - Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall
- So Far Away - Avenged Sevenfold
- Lies Of The Beautiful People - Sixx: A.M.
- You Are A Tourist - Death Cab For Cutie
- Sublime With Rome - Panic
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $39.29
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $96.99
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $78.12
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $33.73
- 1 CHF = 8.4133 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.5706 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.7819 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.737 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?