Wednesday 4 July 2012, US Independence Day
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen.
Girl with Hyacinths, directed by Hasse Ekman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while Fifty Shades Darker by E L James was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Jaffa Factory.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Black Knight Sword or Demons’ Score.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 July 2012!
Which were the important events of 4 July 2012 ?
- Filipino-American Friendship Day
- In astronomy, the approximate date of Earth's aphelion.
- United States and Denmark - Independence Day (1776)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 04 July
- CERN announces the discovery of a new particle with properties consistent with the Higgs boson after experiments at the Large Hadron Collider.ref name=cern1207
- Syrian uprising (2011–present):
- Syrian President Bashar al Assad accuses neighboring Turkey of supporting ampquotterroristsampquot and contributing to the bloodshed in Syria. (Voice of America)
- A gunman, who was facing eviction from his apartment, is believed to have seized and killed four hostages in the German city of Karlsruhe before turning the gun on himself. (BBC)
- Eleven people are killed in further unrest in Iraq, including eight people in a bombing of a Baghdad marketplace. (''The Times of India'')
- China accuses the Vatican of obstructing the development of Catholicism after the latter threatens to excommunicate new bishops ordained without papal approval. (''Washington Post'')
- British broadcaster George Entwistle is named as the next Director-General of the BBC, beginning in autumn 2012. (BBC)
- Archaeologists in Israel discover a mosaic floor depicting the biblical figure of Samson and a Hebrew inscription in an ancient synagogue in the Galilee region. (CNN)
- Libor inter-bank interest rate:
- Chancellor George Osborne accuses ministers in Gordon Brown's government of attempting to manipulate interest rates during the recession. (''The Guardian'')
- Standard Poor's raises the credit rating of the Philippines to BB+. (Reuters)
- Egyptian officials deny that newly elected Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi will visit Iran to attend a conference. (''The Times of Israel'')
- Two Iranian suspects held by Kenyan police reportedly confess that they planned to detonate a series of 30 bombs simultaneously across Kenya. (Kenya Standard Media)
- The Qatari-owned satellite channel, Al Jazeera, reports that traces of radioactive polonium-210 have been found in some personal effects of former PLO Chairman Yasser Arafat, who died in 2004 the PLO and Arafat’s widow agree to his exhumation to investigate if he had been poisoned. (YNet News)
- Spain's national court opens a criminal investigation into last year's listing of Bankia SA on the stock market, with former chairman Rodrigo Rato and 32 others listed as suspects. (''Wall Street Journal'')
- Hundreds of protesters clash with police in the Ukrainian capital Kiev and the parliament speaker offers to resign over moves to boost the status of the Russian language in the country. (Al Jazeera)
- The Chinese city of Shifang cancels the planned development of a copper plant after thousands of people demonstrated. (CBC)
- The European Parliament rejects the Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement in a session with more than 470 votes against the treaty. (CNet)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 4 July 2012
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2012 ?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
What news were making the headlines those days in July 2012?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?