Wednesday 26 February 1936
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Manmohan Desai and Eduard Ivanovich Buinovski.
Little Lord Fauntleroy, directed by John Cromwell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
while White Banners by Lloyd C. Douglas was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 February 1936!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 26 February 1936 ?
- Blessed Edigna
- Saint Mechtild (d. 1154)
- Blessed Leo of Furnes (d. 1163)
- Saint Victor
- Saint Alexander of Alexandria
- Saint Nestor (died 251)
- Liberation Day in Kuwait (1991).
- Nation of Islam - Savior's Day - commemoration of the birthdate of Wallace Fard Muhammad, believed to be Allah in human form, the saviour of the black race.
- Eduard Ivanovich Buinovski: Cosmonaut.
- Manmohan Desai: Filmmaker.
- Buddy Werner: American ski champion, won national alpine championship 1963.
- Wallace Werner: Steamboat Springs sports Champions.
- José Policarpo: Portuguese cardinal (d. 2014).
- Military coup in Japan.
- In the February 26 Incident, young Japanese military officers attempt to stage a coup against the government.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
What news were making the headlines those days in February 1936?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?