Wednesday 26 February 1936
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Eduard Ivanovich Buinovski and Manmohan Desai.
Little Lord Fauntleroy, directed by John Cromwell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 February 1936!
Which were the important events of 26 February 1936 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - February 26, Day 1 of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- Blessed Edigna
- Saint Mechtild (d. 1154)
- Blessed Leo of Furnes (d. 1163)
- Saint Victor
- Saint Alexander of Alexandria
- Saint Nestor (died 251)
- Liberation Day in Kuwait (1991).
- Nation of Islam - Savior's Day - commemoration of the birthdate of Wallace Fard Muhammad, believed to be Allah in human form, the saviour of the black race.
- Eduard Ivanovich Buinovski: Cosmonaut.
- Manmohan Desai: Filmmaker.
- Buddy Werner: American ski champion, won national alpine championship 1963.
- Wallace Werner: Steamboat Springs sports Champions.
- José Policarpo: Portuguese cardinal (d. 2014).
- Military coup in Japan.
- In the February 26 Incident, young Japanese military officers attempt to stage a coup against the government.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 26 February 1936
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in February 1936?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?