Monday 10 February 1936
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Sylvia Williams and Olwyn Bowey.
The Prisoner of Shark Island, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
while Sparkenbroke by Charles Morgan was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 February 1936!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 10 February 1936 ?
- Catholicism - Saint Scholastica; World Marriage Day.
- Malta - St. Paul's Shipwreck day. Catholicism in Malta.
- Saint Silvanus
- Saint Charalampe
- Saint Austreberta
- Blessed Arnaud
- Blessed Hugo (d. 1164)
- Italy - National Memorial Day of the Exiles and Foibe to commemorate Italian Istrian and Dalmatian exiliee and Foibe massacres.
- Olwyn Bowey: Painter.
- Sylvia Williams: Museum director / curator.
- Giuliana Calandra: Italian film, television and stage actress, journalist and television hostess.
- John Kucharski: American electrical engineer and CEO of EG&G, a company that focuses on component engineering.
- Georges Drano: France Writer.
- Second Italo-Abyssinian War: Italian troops launched the Battle of Amba Aradam against Ethiopian defenders.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?