Saturday 24 February 1917
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on February 24, 1917). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include William Fairbank and Ivan Gerard.
The Vicar of Wakefield, directed by Ernest C. Warde, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 February 1917
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 February 1917!
Which were the important events of 24 February 1917 ?
- Independence Day in Estonia (1918; the Soviet period is considered illegal annexation).
- Flag Day in MTxico.
- St. Sergius
- Dragobete in Romania.
- St. Matthias
- St. Modest
- St. Edelbert
- Blessed Ameel of Ter Duinen
- Regifugium, in the Roman calendar.
- William Fairbank: Minneapolis, Minnesota -- Physicist (superconductivity).
- Ivan Gerard: Rennes Journalist.
- Red Sox sell Smokey Joe Wood, his arm dead at 26, to Cleveland for $15,000
- Russian revolution breaks out (3 / 8 NS)
- German plan to get Mexican help in WWI exposed (Zimmerman telegram).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1917 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Pray for the Lights to Go Out - George O'Connor
- My Hawaiian Sunshine - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- It's a Long, Long Time Since I've Been Home - Irving Kaufman