Thursday 4 March 1943US date format: 3/4/1943, UK date format: 4/3/1943
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 4, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Antoine Carré and Lucio Dalla.
Hoppy Serves a Writ, directed by George Archainbaud, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
On TV people were watching Chapionship Wrestling.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 March 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 March 1943!
Which were the important events of 4 March 1943 ?
- Saint Efrem
- Catholicism - Commemoration of Saint Lucius I, pope, martyr.
- Saint Peter of Pappacarbone.
- Saint Lucius I.
- Saint Pierre de Cluny.
- Feast day of Humbert III of Savoy.
- Saint Basil and his Companions.
- Saint Adrian of Nicomedia, bishop of Saint Andrew's, and his Companions.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Casimir, patron saint of Lithuania.
- United States - Inauguration Day (1789 - 1933)
- St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada - Charter Day (1881)
- Vermont - Admission Day (1791).
- Pennsylvania - Charter Day (1681).
- Wales - Feast day of Rhiannon, Celtic Moon Goddess.
- Feast day of Saint Placide Viel.
- Antoine Carré
- Lucio Dalla: Italian singer-songwriter and musician.
- Malcolm Barber: English scholar of medieval history.
- Zoltan Jeney: Hungarian composer.
- Aldo Rico: Argentinian commander and politician.
- Transport nr 50 departs with French Jews to Maidanek / Sobibor
- World War II: The Battle of the Bismarck Sea in the South West Pacific comes to an end.
- The 15th Academy Awards ceremony is held in Los Angeles.