Sunday 4 March 1945
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jaime Tirelli and Dieter Meier.
The Picture of Dorian Gray, directed by Albert Lewin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
while Cass Timberlane by Sinclair Lewis was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 March 1945!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 4 March 1945 ?
- Saint Efrem
- Catholicism - Commemoration of Saint Lucius I, pope, martyr.
- Saint Peter of Pappacarbone.
- Saint Lucius I.
- Saint Pierre de Cluny.
- Feast day of Humbert III of Savoy.
- Saint Basil and his Companions.
- Saint Adrian of Nicomedia, bishop of Saint Andrew's, and his Companions.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Casimir, patron saint of Lithuania.
- United States - Inauguration Day (1789 - 1933)
- St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada - Charter Day (1881)
- Vermont - Admission Day (1791).
- Pennsylvania - Charter Day (1681).
- Wales - Feast day of Rhiannon, Celtic Moon Goddess.
- Feast day of Saint Placide Viel.
- Jaime Tirelli
- Dieter Meier: Switzerland -- Singer / children book writer (Yello).
- Jaime Tirelli in New York City: New York, USA; actor (Orlando Lopez - Ball Four).
- Femi Benussi: Italian film actress.
- Tara Browne: British socialite (d. 1966).
- Frank Novak: American actor.
- Reinhard Eichelbeck: German journalist, writer and photographer.
- Andre Roulez: French truck driver for bread delivery.
- Michael Sheridan: American ecclesiastic, a Roman Catholic bishop of Colorado Springs, CO, who in spring 2004 agreed with the idea that any politician who voted for positions contrary to Catholic Church teachings should not receive Communion, one of the central Catholic rites.
- Tony Allen: English comedian and author.
- Greg Craig: Washington-based lawyer and current White House Counsel to President Barack Obama.
- Tommy Svensson: Swedish footballer and manager.
- Tim Weigel: American sportscaster (d. 2001).
- Gary Williams: American basketball player and coach.
- Finland declares war on Nazi-Germany
- Lapland War: Finland declares war on Nazi Germany.
- Football club FC Red Star (in Serbian: ''FK Crvena Zvezda'') formed in Belgrade, Yougoslavia.
- A Communist-led government is formed in Romania under Petru Groza following Soviet intervention.
- Resistance fighters ambush and attempt to execute SS general Hanns Albin Rauter, the arch-persecutor of the Dutch.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1945 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Tommy Dorsey & His Orchestra - More and More
- Sentimental Journey - Les Brown & His Orchestra (Vocal Doris Day)
- Rum and Coca-Cola - Abe Lyman & His California Orchestra
- Rum and Coca-cola - Vaughn Monroe & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?