Thursday 4 March 1948
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include James Ellroy and Loïc Caradec.
Sitting Pretty, directed by Walter Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
while The Bishop's Mantle by Agnes Sligh Turnbull was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Camel News Caravan.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 March 1948!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 4 March 1948 ?
- Saint Efrem
- Catholicism - Commemoration of Saint Lucius I, pope, martyr.
- Saint Peter of Pappacarbone.
- Saint Lucius I.
- Saint Pierre de Cluny.
- Feast day of Humbert III of Savoy.
- Saint Basil and his Companions.
- Saint Adrian of Nicomedia, bishop of Saint Andrew's, and his Companions.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Casimir, patron saint of Lithuania.
- United States - Inauguration Day (1789 - 1933)
- St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada - Charter Day (1881)
- Vermont - Admission Day (1791).
- Pennsylvania - Charter Day (1681).
- Wales - Feast day of Rhiannon, Celtic Moon Goddess.
- Feast day of Saint Placide Viel.
- James Ellroy: American author.
- Loïc Caradec: French engineer, architect, and skipper, he won the Transat race Quebec-St-Malo in 1984.
- Chris Squire: English singer-songwriter and bass guitarist (The Syn Yes XYZ and Conspiracy) (d. 2015).
- Lindy Chamberlain-Creighton: New Zealand-Australian author.
- Brian Cummings: American voice actor and singer.
- Veljko Despot: Croatian music journalist and record business entrepreneur.
- Tom Grieve: American baseball player manager and sportscaster.
- Leron Lee: American baseball player and coach.
- Jean O'Leary: American activist and politician (d. 2005).
- Shakin' Stevens: Welsh singer-songwriter (Shakin' Stevens and the Sunsets).
- Lindy Chamberlain: Australian author.
- Chris Squire in London: England; rock bassist (Yes - "Fish Out of Water").
- Antonin Artaud: French writer and theoretician, a poet and playwright whose ideals were Baudelaire and Poe.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?