Thursday 11 March 1948
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dominique Sanda and George Kooymans in The Hague.
The Big Clock, directed by John Farrow, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
while The Big Fisherman by Lloyd C. Douglas was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Camel News Caravan.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 March 1948!
Which were the important events of 11 March 1948 ?
- Zambia - Youth Day.
- Saint Rosina
- Saint Alberta
- Saint Vindician
- Blessed Auria
- Lesotho - Moshoeshoe Day.
- Lithuania - Reestablishment of Lithuania's Independence.
- United States - Johnny Appleseed Day, 311 Day
- Blessed John Righi
- Dominique Sanda: French actress.
- George Kooymans in The Hague: Netherlands; guitarist/singer (Golden Earring - "Radar Love", "Twilight Zone").
- Cesar Geronimo: Dominican baseball player.
- Serge Firca: French athlete, a triple jumper who won two league titles in France in 1969 and 1971.
- Karl Jensen: Jensen commenced the study of astrology in the late 70s, he got the American Federation of Astrologers's exam in 1983.
- Roy Barnes: American lawyer and politician 80th Governor of Georgia
- César Gerónimo: Dominican baseball player and coach
- George Kooymans: Dutch singer-songwriter and guitarist (Golden Earring)
- Jan Schelhaas: English keyboard player (Caravan and Camel)
- 1st black in the US Tennis Open (Reginald Weir)
- Reginald Weit became the 1st black to play in the US Tennis Open
- WBAL TV channel 11 in Baltimore, Maryland (CBS) begins broadcasting
- Jewish Agency of Jerusalem bombed.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?