Saturday 6 March 1948
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include James FCS "Jim" Woude and Mario Bianchi.
Sitting Pretty, directed by Walter Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
On TV people were watching Camel News Caravan.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 March 1948!
Which were the important events of 6 March 1948 ?
- In Ghana, - The National independence day.
- Casimir Pulaski Day in Illinois (2006, first Monday of March).
- Saint Chrodegang
- Saint Fridolin
- Saint Coleta of Ghent
- In 2004, the Jewish holiday of Purim begins.
- James FCS "Jim" Woude: Cartoonist.
- Mario Bianchi: Italian film director, known for such films as "Fasthand," "Don't Trust the Mafia," "The Murder Secret" and "Satan's Baby Doll.
- Vincent Courtillot: French geophysicist, prominent among the researchers who are critical of the hypothesis that impact events are a primary cause of mass extinction of life forms on the Earth.
- Janice Facinelli: American veterinarian who after working with animals for some time began to focus on the emotional bonds between animals and humans.
- Elnardo Webster: American athlete pro basketball player for one season, 1971-72.
- Ross Lockridge: American author of "Raintree County," published in 1948 after seven years of writing.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 March 1948
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?