Saturday 6 March 1948
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Guy Montagné and Anna Maria Horsford.
Sitting Pretty, directed by Walter Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
while The Big Fisherman by Lloyd C. Douglas was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Camel News Caravan.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 March 1948!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 6 March 1948 ?
- In Ghana, - The National independence day.
- Casimir Pulaski Day in Illinois (2006, first Monday of March).
- Saint Chrodegang
- Saint Fridolin
- Saint Coleta of Ghent
- In 2004, the Jewish holiday of Purim begins.
- Guy Montagné
- Anna Maria Horsford
- Jean-Michel Boucheron
- Stephen Schwartz (composer)
- Janice Facinelli: American veterinarian who after working with animals for some time began to focus on the emotional bonds between animals and humans.
- Elnardo Webster: American athlete pro basketball player for one season, 1971-72.
- Anna Horsford: TV Actress.
- Stephen Schwartz: American musical theatre lyricist and composer.
- James FCS "Jim" Woude: Cartoonist.
- Mario Bianchi: Italian film director, known for such films as "Fasthand," "Don't Trust the Mafia," "The Murder Secret" and "Satan's Baby Doll.
- Vincent Courtillot: French geophysicist, prominent among the researchers who are critical of the hypothesis that impact events are a primary cause of mass extinction of life forms on the Earth.
- Ross Lockridge: American author of "Raintree County," published in 1948 after seven years of writing.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?