Friday 12 March 1948
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include James Taylor in Boston and Dana Walden.
The Big Clock, directed by John Farrow, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
while The Big Fisherman by Lloyd C. Douglas was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Camel News Caravan.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 March 1948!
Which were the important events of 12 March 1948 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Gregoru Diena observed.
- Flag Day in Venezuela.
- "National Day" of the Republic of Jamtland
- Sweden - Namesday of Crown Princess Victoria, an Official Flag Day.
- Mauritius - National Day.
- St. Justina
- St. Jozefina
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast day of: St. Theophanes the Confessor
- Arbor Day in China.
- St. Maximilian
- James Taylor in Boston: Massachusetts, USA; vocalist/guitarist ("Up on the Roof").
- Dana Walden: rock keyboardist (Champaign).
- Les Holroyd in Oldham: England; rocker (Barclay James Harvest).
- Virginia Bottomley: Scottish politician, a Conservative Member of Parliament who returned at the General Election on 6/11/1987.
- James Taylor: American singer and songwriter whose introspective and sensitive songs helped a generation through the transition period from the turmoil and dissention of the ’60s to the less politically oriented ’70s.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?