Thursday 18 March 1948
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Guy Lapointe and Brian Lloyd.
Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House, directed by H.C. Potter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
while Dinner at Antoine's by Frances Parkinson Keyes was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 March 1948!
Which were the important events of 18 March 1948 ?
- Saint Edward (d.978)
- Aruba - Flag Day (1976)
- Ancient Latvia - Bindus Diena
- Saint Cyril of Jerusalem (d.386)
- Saint Alexander of Jerusalem
- United States - National Biodiesel Day
- Saint Anselm
- Saint Salvator
- Saint Narcissus
- Mexico - Expropiaci=n Petreolera
- Guy Lapointe: Canadian ice hockey player and coach.
- Brian Lloyd: Welsh footballer.
- Lockwood Phillips: American radio host.
- France and Great Britain and Benelux sign Treaty of Brussels
- Philips begin experimental TV broadcasting.
- Soviet consultants leave Yugoslavia in the first sign of a Tito-Stalin split.
- The Round Table Conference in The Hague, Netherlands for the preparation of the decolonization process for Aruba and the other Dutch Colonies. Aruba presents the mandate of the Aruban People for Aruba to become an Independent Country, under the souvereignty of the House of Orange, based on Aruba's first state constitution presented officially since August 1947, and a (4th) Member State of the future Dutch Commonwealth.
- Singapore holds its first elections.
- Renowned Italian conductor Arturo Toscanini makes his television debut, conducting the NBC Symphony Orchestra in an all-Wagner program.
- Scientists Ralph Alpher and George Gamow publish the Alpher-Bethe-Gamow paper about the big bang.
- President Harry Truman signs the Marshall Plan, which authorizes $5 billion in aid for 16 countries.
- Jeju Uprising, Jeju residents revolt on Jeju island, South Korea.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1948 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?