Monday 8 March 1948
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include [Little] Peggy March [Margaret Battavio] in Lansdale and Gyles Brandreth.
Sitting Pretty, directed by Walter Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
while The Big Fisherman by Lloyd C. Douglas was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Camel News Caravan.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 March 1948!
Which were the important events of 8 March 1948 ?
- Saint Philemon (d. 305)
- Albania, Romania - Mother's Day.
- Catholicism Saint John of God.
- Hudson's Birthday - The Second Coming Of Christmas.
- Saint Humfried of Terwaan
- Saint Cyrillus of Africa
- [Little] Peggy March [Margaret Battavio] in Lansdale: Pennsylvania, USA; vocalist ("I Will Follow Him").
- Gyles Brandreth: British politician, writer, businessman and TV host, born in Germany where his dad was stationed in the Armed Forces.
- Peggy March: American pop singer, primarily known for her 1963 million-selling song "I Will Follow Him".
- Jonathan Sacks: Chief Rabbi of the United Hebrew Congregations of the Commonwealth.
- Robert Boyd: American Physicist.
- Sam Lacey: American basketball player (d. 2014)
- Supreme Court rules relg instructions in pub schools unconstitutional
- US Supreme Court rules relgious instruction in public schools is unconstitutional.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?