Sunday 14 March 1948
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Billy Crystal and Gregorio Honasan.
The Big Clock, directed by John Farrow, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
On TV people were watching Camel News Caravan.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 March 1948!
Which were the important events of 14 March 1948 ?
- Albania - Summer Day: Albanian holiday Summer is celebrated in this day in Elbasan and its surroundings.
- Pi Day - unofficial mathematics holiday.
- Roman Empire - Equirria, horse races in honor of Mars were held.
- Saint Mathildis
- Saint Paulina
- Blessed Eve of Liege
- Japan - White Day: Japanese holiday similar to Valentine's Day (men give gifts to women).
- Billy Crystal: American actor and comedian, a gifted mimic and major league comic who evokes full-blown alter egos.
- Gregorio Honasan: Philippine rebel and former government aide; he was fired as Defense Minister by Corazon Aquino in 11/1986.
- Philippe Maystadt: Belgian politician who served as Minister for Economic Affairs, Minister of Finance, and Deputy Prime Minister.
- Tom Coburn: American politician, junior Senator from Oklahoma.
- Theo Jansen: Dutch sculptor.
- Freedom Train arrives in San Francisco
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 14 March 1948
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1948 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?