Wednesday 4 February 1948
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Coover and Alice Cooper [Vincent Furnier] in Detroit.
Call Northside 777, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
while Tomorrow Will Be Better by Betty Smith was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Court of Current Issues.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 February 1948!
Which were the important events of 4 February 1948 ?
- Saint Veronica, patron saint of photographers
- Ancient Latvia - Biezputras Diena observed.
- Independence Day in Sri Lanka (1948).
- Angolan Anniversary of the Outbreak of Armed Struggle against Portuguese Colonialism.
- Saint Gilbert (d. 1189)
- Saint John Hector de Britto
- Saint Rembert of Torhout
- Robert Coover: Novelist (Pricksongs & Descants).
- Alice Cooper [Vincent Furnier] in Detroit: Michigan, USA; rocker ("School's Out").
- Alice Cooper: American musician, actor, and rock 'n roll ' icon of the '70s who performed weird stage effects and wore flamboyant makeup during his rock concerts.
- Les Twentyman: Australia youth outreach worker and community activist in the western suburbs of Melbourne, Victoria.
- Rod Grams: American journalist and politician (d. 2013).
- Mienoumi Tsuyoshi: Japanese sumo wrestler, the 57th Yokozuna
- Sri Lanka (formerly Ceylon) declares independence from the UK
- Ceylon (later renamed Sri Lanka) becomes independent within the British Commonwealth.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?