Thursday 4 May 1916
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 4, 1916). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Maurice "Moe" and Jane Jacobs.
The Queen of Spades, directed by Yakov Protazanov, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 May 1916
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 4 May 1916 ?
- Star Wars day, "May the 4th be with you" pun on "May the force be with you"
- Republic of China - Literary Day (???, commemorating May Fourth Movement).
- International Firefighters' Day.
- Saint Ladislaus of Gielnow
- People's Republic of China - Youth Day (???, commemorating May Fourth Movement).
- Blessed Catherine of Park
- Saint Judas Cyriacus
- Saint Florian
- Saint Godehard
- Saint Monica of Hippo (d. 387)
- Saint Ethelred
- Saint Silvianus
- Saint Titianus
- Saint Willerik
- Saint John Houghton, Saint Robert Lawrence, Saint Augustine Webster, Saint Richard Reynolds, and Saint John Hale; all put to death in 1535.
- Saint Malou
- The Netherlands - Remembrance of the Dead.
- Maurice "Moe": Purtill jazz drummer.
- Jane Jacobs: American-Canadian journalist author and activist (d. 2006).
- Richard Proenneke: American soldier carpenter and meteorologist (d. 2003).
- Members of the Easter Rising\ \ Edward Daly: Irish nationalist and Member of the Easter Rising (Born 1891)\ Joseph Mary Plunkett, Irish nationalist and Leader of the Easter Rising (b.
- At request of US, Germany curtails its submarine warfare.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1916 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- There's a Broken Heart for Every Light on Broadway - Elsie Baker
- Memories - Henry Burr
- Hello, Hawaii, How Are You? - Anna Chandler