Tuesday 4 April 1916
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include David White (actor) and Robert Charpentier.
The Queen of Spades, directed by Yakov Protazanov, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 April 1916
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 April 1916!
Which were the important events of 4 April 1916 ?
- Blessed Alice (d. 1105)
- Saint Hildebert of Ghent (died 752)
- Lesotho - Heroes' Day
- Taiwan and Hong Kong - Children's Day
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- World Rat Day
- Saint Isidore of Seville, patron saint of the internauts
- International Day for Landmine Awareness and Assistance
- David White (actor)
- Robert Charpentier: French athlete, an Olympic Gold Medal champion cyclist who rode in the Berlin Olympics in 1936.
- Floyd Hall: American airline executive.
- Nikola Ljubičić: Serbian general and politician 10th President of Serbia (d. 2005).
- Herbert Eugene: Caen columnist.
- David White: Actor (Larry Tate-Bewitched), dies at 74.
- Mickey Owen: American baseball player and coach (d. 2005).
- Nikola Ljubicic: Yugoslav general, Serbian communist politician (d. 2005).
- US Senate agrees (82-6) to participate in WWI.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1916 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- I Love a Piano - Billy Murray
- Marimba March - Blue & White Marimba Band
- Are You from Dixie? ('Cause I'm From Dixie Too) - Billy Murray & Irving Kaufman
- Hello, Hawaii, How are You? - Prince's Orchestra