Tuesday 4 April 1916
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Herbert Eugene and Nikola Ljubicic.
The End of the World, directed by August Blom, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
while Life and Gabriella by Ellen Glasgow was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 April 1916!
Which were the important events of 4 April 1916 ?
- Blessed Alice (d. 1105)
- Saint Hildebert of Ghent (died 752)
- Lesotho - Heroes' Day
- Taiwan and Hong Kong - Children's Day
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- World Rat Day
- Saint Isidore of Seville, patron saint of the internauts
- International Day for Landmine Awareness and Assistance
- Herbert Eugene: Caen columnist.
- Nikola Ljubicic: Yugoslav general, Serbian communist politician (d. 2005).
- Robert Charpentier: French athlete, an Olympic Gold Medal champion cyclist who rode in the Berlin Olympics in 1936.
- Floyd Hall: American airline executive.
- Nikola Ljubičić: Serbian general and politician 10th President of Serbia (d. 2005).
- Mickey Owen: American baseball player and coach (d. 2005)
- David White: Actor (Larry Tate-Bewitched), dies at 74
- US Senate agrees (82-6) to participate in WWI.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1916 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Hello, Hawaii, How Are You? - Billy Murray
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?