Tuesday 16 May 1916
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include James H Binger and Irene Elizabeth Beatrice Ighodaro.
The Floorwalker, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 May 1916
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 May 1916!
Which were the important events of 16 May 1916 ?
- Saint HonorT of Amiens
- Saint Andrew Bobola
- Saint Ubaldus
- Adelaide Cup day - South Australia (2005).
- Saint Simon Stock
- Saint John Nepomuk or John Nepomucene (1330 - 1393)
- Saint Brendan the Navigator - also in the Irish Calendar.
- Teacher's Day in Malaysia.
- James H Binger
- Irene Elizabeth Beatrice Ighodaro: Doctor / social Reformer.
- Adriana Caselotti: American actress (d. 1997).
- Fred Hargesheimer: American World War II pilot (d. 2010).
- Bernard Braden: Broadcaster / actor (All Night Lone, Full Treatment).
- Jacques Piette: French politician who represented the French Section of the Workers' International (SFIO) in the National Assembly from 1956 to 1958.
- Ephraim Katzir: Israeli biophysicist and politician 4th President of Israel (d. 2009).
- James Binger: American lawyer and business executive at Honeywell, Inc.
- 41st Preakness: Linus McAtee aboard Damrosch wins in 1:54.8.
- Britain and France conclude the secret Sykes-Picot Agreement, which is to divide Arab areas of the Ottoman Empire, following the conclusion of WWI, into French and British spheres of influence.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1916 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Wake Up, America! - James F. Harrison (as Frederick J. Wheeler)
- She's the Daughter of Mother Machree - Charles Harrison
- She's the Daughter of Mother Machree - Manuel Romain
- The Old Refrain - John McCormack