Sunday 28 May 1916
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on May 28, 1916). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include C. Wright Mills and Gerald McArthur.
The Floorwalker, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 May 1916
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 May 1916!
Which were the important events of 28 May 1916 ?
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Germain of Paris
- Republic Day in Azerbaijan and Armenia (both 1918).
- Bernard of Menthon
- Augustine of Canterbury
- William of Gellone
- C. Wright Mills: Sociologist.
- Gerald McArthur: detective.
- Thora Hird actress (Nightcomers: Kind of Loving).
- Walker Percy: Birmingham, Alabama -- Writer (Adventures of a Bad Catholic).
- Ivan Franko: Ukrainian author and poet (d. 1916).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1916 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Prologue from Pagliacci - Louis Gravieure
- A Little Love, a Little Kiss - Maggie Teyte