Friday 5 May 1916
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 5, 1916). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include George-William Higgins and Zail Singh.
The Queen of Spades, directed by Yakov Protazanov, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 May 1916
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 5 May 1916 ?
- Martyrs Neophytos, Gaius and Gaianus
- Euthymios the Wonderworker
- Barlaam of Serpukhov
- Martin and Heraclius of Illyria
- Eulogios the Confessor
- New Martyr Ephraim of Nea Makri
- Albania: Martyrs' Day.
- Great Martyr Irene
- Roly Poly of Georgia.
- Saint Aventinus (d. 1189)
- Ethiopia: Liberation Day (1941).
- International Midwives Day.
- Adrian of Monzensk
- South Korea: Children's Day.
- Guyana: Indian Immigration Day (1838).
- Council of Europe: Europe Day.
- International No Pants Day.
- Hong Kong, Macau, South Korea and Taiwan (2006): Buddha's Birthday.
- Japan: Tango no Sekku (Boy's Day) or Kodomo no hi (Children's Day).
- Mexico and (informally) the United States: Cinco de Mayo (1862).
- George-William Higgins: Neuilly sur Seine Journalist.
- Zail Singh: Indian politician 7th President of India (d. 1987).
- John MacBride: Irish Nationalist and member of the Easter Rising (Born 1865).
- US marines invade Dominican Republic, stay until 1924.
- United States Marines invade the Dominican Republic.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1916 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- There's a Broken Heart for Every Light on Broadway - Elsie Baker
- Memories - Henry Burr
- Hello, Hawaii, How Are You? - Anna Chandler