Friday 5 May 1916
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include George-William Higgins and Zail Singh.
Schuhpalast Pinkus, directed by Ernst Lubitsch, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
while Seventeen by Booth Tarkington was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 5 May 1916 ?
- Martyrs Neophytos, Gaius and Gaianus
- Euthymios the Wonderworker
- Barlaam of Serpukhov
- Martin and Heraclius of Illyria
- Eulogios the Confessor
- New Martyr Ephraim of Nea Makri
- Albania: Martyrs' Day.
- Great Martyr Irene
- Roly Poly of Georgia.
- Saint Aventinus (d. 1189)
- Ethiopia: Liberation Day (1941).
- International Midwives Day.
- Adrian of Monzensk
- South Korea: Children's Day.
- Guyana: Indian Immigration Day (1838).
- Council of Europe: Europe Day.
- International No Pants Day.
- Hong Kong, Macau, South Korea and Taiwan (2006): Buddha's Birthday.
- Japan: Tango no Sekku (Boy's Day) or Kodomo no hi (Children's Day).
- Mexico and (informally) the United States: Cinco de Mayo (1862).
- George-William Higgins: Neuilly sur Seine Journalist.
- Zail Singh: Indian politician 7th President of India (d. 1987).
- John MacBride: Irish Nationalist and member of the Easter Rising (Born 1865).
- US marines invade Dominican Republic, stay until 1924.
- United States Marines invade the Dominican Republic.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1916 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Beautiful Isle of Somewhere - John McCormack
- John Barnes Wells - Memories
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?