Sunday 7 May 1916
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Harry Shaw and Huw Wheldon.
The Queen of Spades, directed by Yakov Protazanov, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 7 May 1916
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 7 May 1916 ?
- USA - National Masturbation Day (Declared by Good_Vibrations_(sex_toy_business)) Now in its 11th year - 
- Blessed Gisela (died 1060)
- Saint Domitian of Huy, apostle of the Meuse valley
- Bulgaria - Radio and Television Day (see above)
- Russia - Radio Day (commemorating the work of Alexander Popov)
- Saint Flavia Domitilla
- Harry Shaw: Scottish pensioner, age 80 when he fell ill of food poisoning from E-coli 0157 after eating lunch in Wishaw's Old Parish Church Hall on 11/17/1996.
- Huw Wheldon: Welsh-English broadcaster (d. 1986).
- W Young: Scottish rugby player and physician (d. 2013).
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1916 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- There's a Broken Heart for Every Light on Broadway - Elsie Baker
- Memories - Henry Burr
- Hello, Hawaii, How Are You? - Anna Chandler