Saturday 6 May 1916
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 6, 1916). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Sif Ruud and Alejo Peralta.
The Queen of Spades, directed by Yakov Protazanov, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 May 1916
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 6 May 1916 ?
- Saint Justus
- Sinaites of Serbia
- New Martyr Demetrios of the Peloponnesus (d. 1803)
- Seraphim the Struggler of Mt. Domvu
- Micah of Radonezh
- New Martyr Elias Ardunis
- Righteous Job the Long-suffering (OT)
- Barbarus the soldier, with Bacchus, Callimachus and Dionysios
- Barbaros the Robber in Thessaly
- Blessed Prudentia
- Saint Benedicta of Rome
- Saint Dominic Savio, patron saint of studying youth
- Saint Lucius
- Saint John in the Oil
- Sif Ruud: Swedish actress.
- Alejo Peralta: Mexican engineer and businessman.
- Adriana Caselotti: Movie Actress.
- Robert Dicke: American physicist and astronomer (d. 1997).
- Belgian troop march into Kigali, German East-Africa.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1916 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- There's a Broken Heart for Every Light on Broadway - Elsie Baker
- Memories - Henry Burr
- Hello, Hawaii, How Are You? - Anna Chandler