Sunday 14 May 1916
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Christy and Hans-Gabriel Finne.
The Floorwalker, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 May 1916
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 May 1916!
Which were the important events of 14 May 1916 ?
- St. Carthach the Younger
- DubsDay in Dublin Ireland (14th of May in 2006).
- Mother's Day in various countries (second Sunday of May in 2006).
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut, or Israeli Independence Day. The observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Paraguay - Flag Day.
- St. Maria Dominic Mazzarello
- St. Just
- St. Engelmer
- St. Vincent of Lerins
- St. Victor and Corona
- St. Boniface of Tarsus
- St. Michael Garicoits
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: St. Matthias (Apostle)
- St. Engelmund
- Hans-Gabriel Finne: Norwegian architect.
- Robert Christy: Canadian-American physicist and astronomer (d. 2012).
- Lance Dossor: English-Australian pianist and educator (d. 2005).
- Del Moore: Actor / announcer (Cal-Bachelor Father), dies at 53.
- Marco Zanuso: Italian architect and designer (d. 2001).
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1916 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Kiss Me Again - Olive Kline (as Alice Green)
- St. Louis Blues - Prince's Orchestra