Sunday 14 May 1916
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 14, 1916). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Christy and Hans-Gabriel Finne.
The Floorwalker, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 May 1916
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 May 1916!
Which were the important events of 14 May 1916 ?
- St. Carthach the Younger
- DubsDay in Dublin Ireland (14th of May in 2006).
- Mother's Day in various countries (second Sunday of May in 2006).
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut, or Israeli Independence Day. The observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Paraguay - Flag Day.
- St. Maria Dominic Mazzarello
- St. Just
- St. Engelmer
- St. Vincent of Lerins
- St. Victor and Corona
- St. Boniface of Tarsus
- St. Michael Garicoits
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: St. Matthias (Apostle)
- St. Engelmund
- Hans-Gabriel Finne: Norwegian architect.
- Robert Christy: Canadian-American physicist and astronomer (d. 2012).
- Lance Dossor: English-Australian pianist and educator (d. 2005).
- Del Moore: Actor / announcer (Cal-Bachelor Father), dies at 53.
- Marco Zanuso: Italian architect and designer (d. 2001).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1916 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Kiss Me Again - Olive Kline (as Alice Green)
- St. Louis Blues - Prince's Orchestra