Saturday 4 October 1947
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 4, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Julien Clerc and Ann Widdecombe.
Green Dolphin Street, directed by Victor Saville, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Kukla, Fran and Ollie.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 October 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 October 1947!
Which were the important events of 4 October 1947 ?
- Julien Clerc: French chanson and pop singer.
- Ann Widdecombe: British politician, a Member of Parliament returned at General election 6/11/1987 with the Conservative Party, Maidstone district.
- Stefan Persson (magnate)
- James Fielder: Denton, Texas -- Rocker (Blood Sweat & Tears).
- John Perry Barlow: Writer.
- Jim Fielder: American bass player (Blood Sweat & Tears and The Mothers of Invention).
- Fred DeLuca: Businessman.
- Charlie Melancon: Politician.
- Max KEL Planck: German physicist (constantly of P, Nobel 1918).
- Negro League World Series, New York Cubans beat Cleveland Buckeyes, 6-5
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1947 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Near You - Elliot Lawrence & His Orchestra
- An Apple Blossom Wedding - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra (Vocal Don Cornell)