Friday 25 January 1918
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on January 25, 1918). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Louis-René Des Forets and Ken Mayers.
Tarzan of the Apes, directed by Scott Sidney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 January 1918
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 January 1918!
Which were the important events of 25 January 1918 ?
- St. Dwynwen's Day and Patron Saint of Lovers - Welsh celebration of love Dirwnod Santes Dwynwen.
- Tatiana Day, celebrated as the Day of Russian students since 1755, when the Moscow University was founded.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism - Conversion of Saint Paul.
- Christian ecumenism ? Week of Prayer for Christian Unity ends.
- Burns Night - Burns suppers are held in many parts of the world around this date. (Originated in Scotland)
- Winter-Een-Mas - celebration of videogames and the people that play them. Winter-een-mas lasts for a whole week, which is always the very last week in January, the 25th through the 31st.
- Roman Empire - second day of the Sementivae in honour of Ceres and Terra
- Louis-René Des Forets
- Ken Mayers: actor (Robbie Robertson-Space Patrol).
- Silvio Pedroni: Italy sport Champion.
- Ernie Harwell: American baseball sportscaster (d. 2010).
- Russia declared a republic of Soviets.
- The Ukraine declares independence from Bolshevik Russia.
- The Ukrainian People's Republic declares independence from Bolshevik Russia.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1918 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Somewhere in France is the Lily - Charles Hart
- I'm All Bound Round with the Mason-Dixon Line - Irving Kaufman
- La Ronde Des Lutins (Dance of the Goblins) - Jascha Heifetz
- Life in a Trench in Belgium (Part 1) - Lieutenant Gitz Rice of the First Canadians & Henry Burr