Wednesday 5 January 1949
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Chris Stein in Brooklyn and George Brown.
Golden Boy, directed by Rouben Mamoulian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
while Home Sweet Zoo by Clare Barnes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Arthur Godfrey and His Friends.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 January 1949!
Which were the important events of 5 January 1949 ?
- Mungday (Discordianism)
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Neumann.
- The eleventh day of Christmas in Western Christianity, and the Twelfth Night of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Chris Stein in Brooklyn: New York, USA; rock guitarist (Blondie - "Heart of Glass", "Call Me").
- George Brown: rock drummer (Kool and the Gang - "Celebration").
- President Harry S Truman labels his administration the Fair Deal
- General Spoor orders cease-fire on Sumatra.
- US President Harry S Truman labels his administration the "Fair Deal".
- Los Angeles, California receives its first recorded snowfall.
- KDKA-TV becomes the first local, on-air television station in the US.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?