Sunday 2 January 1949
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Christopher Durang in Montclair and Christopher Durang.
Golden Boy, directed by Rouben Mamoulian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
while The Big Fisherman by Lloyd C. Douglas was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching NBC Presents.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 January 1949!
Which were the important events of 2 January 1949 ?
- New Zealand ? Statutory holiday, Second day of New Year.
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- Slovenia ? Second day of New Year.
- Scotland ? Second day of the Hogmanay Bank Holiday.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism ? Feast day of St. Basil the Great and Gregory Nazianzen.
- The eighth day of Christmas (and ninth night of same) in Western Christianity.
- Science Fiction Day
- Christopher Durang in Montclair: New Jersey, USA; playwright/actor (Sister Mary).
- Christopher Durang: American contemporary playwright, a singularly outrageous satirist whose pen is dipped in venom and bile in the blood of his own personal wounds, irresistibly funny.
- Jean Krier: Luxembourger poet (d. 2013).
- Iris Young: American political scientist philosopher and academic (d. 2006).
- KDKA TV channel 2 in Pittsburgh, PA (CBS) begins broadcasting
- Luis Munoz Marin becomes the first democratically elected Governor of Puerto Rico
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?