Monday 10 January 1949
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Linda Lovelace and George Foreman.
Golden Boy, directed by Rouben Mamoulian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
while The Aspirin Age, 1919-1941 by Isabel Leighton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Goldbergs.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 January 1949!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 10 January 1949 ?
- Margaret Thatcher day in the Falkland Islands
- Linda Lovelace: American actress, famous for the porno film "Deep Throat," 1972.
- George Foreman: American boxer, an Olympic Heavyweight Champion in 1968 and World Heavyweight Champ 1973-74.
- Walter Browne
- Walter S Browne US chess champion (1974-78: 1980-84).
- Nicola Maffei: Italian politician, a former mayor of Barletta.
- Allu Aravind: Indian actor and producer.
- Fred Bronson: American journalist and author.
- Kemal Derviş: Turkish economist and politician Turkish Minister of Economy.
- James Lapine: American director and playwright.
- Teresa Graves in Houston: Texas, USA; actress (Laugh-in, Get Christie Love).
- George Foreman in Marshall: Texas, USA; world heavyweight boxing champion (1973-74, 1995).
- Erich von Drygalski: German geographer, geophysicist, and polar scientist (Born 1865).
- 1st Jewish family show Goldbergs premieres on CBS
- RCA introduces 45 RPM record
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?