Thursday 20 January 1949
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on January 20, 1949). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Göran Persson and Greg Schelkun.
The Sun Comes Up, directed by Richard Thorpe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
On TV people were watching The Admiral Broadway Revue.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 January 1949
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 January 1949!
Which were the important events of 20 January 1949 ?
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Aquarius.
- Saint Fabian
- Epiphanius of Pavia
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Sebastian
- Presidential Inauguration Day in the United States.
- The Eve of St. Agnes.
- Göran Persson: Swedish lawyer and politician 31st Prime Minister of Sweden.
- Greg Schelkun: American psychic healer who had an overnight revelation of the gift of healing ability.
- Ivana Trump: Celebrity.
- Goran Persson: Politician.
- Kieron Walsh: Academic.
- Persson Goran: Swedish prime minister, elected on March 21, 1996; prior to the election he was Finance Minister from 1994-96.
- Josephus T J Cuypers: architect (Amsterdam Stock Exchange), dies at age 87.
- J Edgar Hoover gives Shirley Temple a tear gas fountain pen
- President Truman announces his point 4 program
- US President Harry Truman announces his four-point program.
- Point Four Program a program for economic aid to poor countries announced by United States President Harry S. Truman in his inaugural address for a full term as President.
- U.S. President Harry S. Truman begins his full term.
- Council for Mutual Economic Assistance (CMEA or COMECON) established by Soviet Union and other communist nations.
- The first Emmy Awards are presented at the Hollywood Athletic Club.
- In the first Israeli election, David Ben-Gurion becomes Prime Minister.