Thursday 13 January 1949
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Klaus Brandner and Hermann Magerl.
A Letter to Three Wives, directed by Joseph L. Mankiewicz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
while The Egyptian by Mika Waltari was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching School House.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 January 1949!
Which were the important events of 13 January 1949 ?
- In Sweden, Christmas ends on the 20th day, St. Knut's Day. Children celebrate a party throwing out the Christmas tree (julgransplundring).
- Klaus Brandner: German politician.
- Hermann Magerl: .
- Rakesh Sharma: first Indian and 138th person to visit space.
- Brandon Tartikoff: American screenwriter and producer (d. 1997).
- Along 5th Avenue opens at Broadhurst Theater NYC for 180 performances
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 13 January 1949
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?