Tuesday 5 June 1956
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Richard A Searfoss and Kenny G.
In UK I'll Be Home by Pat Boone was in the top 5 hits.
The Great Locomotive Chase, directed by Francis Lyon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Last Hurrah by Edwin O'Connor was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Rosemary Clooney Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 June 1956!
Which were the important events of 5 June 1956 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of N�r (Light) - First day of the fifth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Feast of Saint Boniface.
- Seychelles - Liberation Day.
- National holiday of Denmark (Constitution Day).
- World Environment Day, since the United Nations General Assembly resolution in 1972.
- Anniversary of the Signing of the Inuvialuit Final Agreement (Inuvaluit Day).
- Richard A Searfoss: Mount Clemons, Michigan -- Astronaut (STS 58, 76, sk 90).
- Kenny G: American saxophonist.
- Richard Butler: English singer-songwriter (The Psychedelic Furs and Love Spit Love).
- Milton Berle Show, last airs on NBC-TV
- Fed court rules racial segregation on Montgomery buses anti-Const
- US Federal court rules racial segregation on Montgomery (Alabama) buses anti-Constitutional.
- Elvis Presley introduces his new single, ''Hound Dog'', on The Milton Berle Show, scandalizing the audience with his suggestive hip movements.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?