Sunday 5 March 1933
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Norbert Linke and Arlen Dean Snyder in Rice.
Christopher Strong, directed by Dorothy Arzner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
while Ann Vickers by Sinclair Lewis was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 March 1933!
Which were the important events of 5 March 1933 ?
- St Piran's Day - Cornwall's national day.
- Saint Theophile (d. 195)
- Saint Olivia (d. 308)
- Saint Gerarda
- Learn from Lei Feng Day in China.
- Feast of St. Kieran, patron of the Diocese of Ossory, in Irish calendar.
- Approximate beginning of month of j?ngzhT in Chinese calendar.
- Saint Adrian (died 308)
- Norbert Linke: Composer.
- Arlen Dean Snyder in Rice: Kansas, USA; actor (Trauma Center).
- Jef Eygel: Belgian basketball player (d. 2005).
- Kostas Linoxilakis: Greek footballer.
- Tommy Tucker: American singer-songwriter and pianist (d. 1982).
- Walter Kasper: German Roman Catholic Cardinal and theologian
- FDR proclaims 10-day bank holiday
- Adolf Hitler's Nazi Party receives 43.9% at the Reichstag elections. This later allows the Nazis to pass the Enabling Act and establish a dictatorship.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?