Thursday 23 March 1933
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Geoffrey Leigh and Hayes Jenkins.
Christopher Strong, directed by Dorothy Arzner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
while One More River by John Galsworth was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 March 1933!
Which were the important events of 23 March 1933 ?
- Saint Rebecca (d.1914)
- Roman Empire - Tubilustrium was held in honor of Mars.
- Ancient Latvia - Lieldienas held in honor of Mara and other pagan goddesses.
- Pakistan - National Day (Republic Day).
- Saint Turibius of Mongrovejo (died 1606)
- Saint Ethelwald
- Saint Victorian
- Roman Empire - The fifth and final day of Quinquatria, held in honor of Minerva.
- Geoffrey Leigh: CEO (Allied London Properties).
- Hayes Jenkins: American pro figure skating champion who won a Gold Medal at the 1956 Olympics.
- Norman Bailey: English-American opera singer and educator.
- Norman Yemm: Australian actor and singer (d. 2015).
- Philip Zimbardo: American psychologist and academic.
- Kroll Opera in Berlin opens
- The Reichstag passes the Enabling Act of 1933, making Adolf Hitler dictator of Germany.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?