Wednesday 22 March 1933
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michel Hidalgo and May Britt.
Christopher Strong, directed by Dorothy Arzner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
while Ann Vickers by Sinclair Lewis was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 March 1933!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 22 March 1933 ?
- Blessed Genta of Maaseik
- The fourth day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- World Water Day.
- Easter Sunday - 1818, 2285. In the Gregorian Calendar 22 March is the earliest date on which Easter Sunday can fall (25th April is the latest).
- Saint Octavian
- Saint Lea of Rome
- Saint Reinhilde of Ghent
- Michel Hidalgo
- May Britt: Swedish-American actress and singer.
- Buddy MacKay American politician (Representative-Democrat-Florida: 1983-).
- Abolhassan Banisadr: Iranian economist and politician 1st President of Iran.
- Linden Chiles: American actor (d. 2013).
- FDR makes wine and beer with up to 3.2% alcohol legal
- President Franklin Roosevelt signs an amendment to the Volstead Act known as the Cullen-Harrison Act, allowing the manufacture and sale of quot3.2 beerquot (3.2% alcohol by weight, approximately 4% alcohol by volume) and light wines. quotROOSEVELT AUTHORIZES BEER SALE BY SIGNING BILL FOR 3.2 BREWquot, ''Pittsburgh Post-Gazette'', March 23, 1933, p.1.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?