Friday 31 March 1933
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Nichita Stanescu and Bob Simmons in Fulham.
The Three Musketeers, directed by Colbert Clark, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
while One More River by John Galsworth was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 March 1933!
Which were the important events of 31 March 1933 ?
- Saint Cornelia
- CTsar Ch�vez Day - official holiday in five states and many cities across the U.S.
- Freedom Day in Malta.
- Saint Amos
- Saint Benjamin
- Blessed Hendrik Werner
- Saint Balbina of Rome
- New Jersey - Thomas Mundy Peterson Day.
- Nichita Stanescu: Romanian poet (d. 1983).
- Bob Simmons in Fulham: England; stuntman (double for James Bond).
- Shirley Jones in Smithton: Pennsylvania, USA; actress (The Partridge Family, Elmer Gantry).
- Anita Carter: American singer-songwriter and bassist (Carter Family and The Carter Sisters) (d. 1999).
- Nichita Stănescu: Romanian poet (d. 1983).
- 1st newspaper published on pine pulp paper, Soperton News (Ga)
- Congress authorizes Civilian Conservation Corps
- German Republic gives power to Hitler
- US Congress authorizes Civilian Conservation Corps.
- The Civilian Conservation Corps is established with the mission of relieving rampant unemployment.
- First newspaper published on pine pulp paper, Soperton News (Georgia, USA).
- The Civilian Conservation Corps is established with the mission of relieving rampant unemployment in the United States.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?