Monday 5 March 1945
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 5, 1945). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Randy Matson and Dino Rora.
God Is My Co-Pilot, directed by Robert Florey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
On TV people were watching Aktuelt kvarter.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 March 1945
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 March 1945!
Which were the important events of 5 March 1945 ?
- St Piran's Day - Cornwall's national day.
- Saint Theophile (d. 195)
- Saint Olivia (d. 308)
- Saint Gerarda
- Learn from Lei Feng Day in China.
- Feast of St. Kieran, patron of the Diocese of Ossory, in Irish calendar.
- Approximate beginning of month of j?ngzhT in Chinese calendar.
- Saint Adrian (died 308)
- Randy Matson: United States -- Shot putter (1968 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Dino Rora
- Randi Matson: American Olympic athlete, a shot-putter he won a silver medal in 1964 and a gold in 1968 in track and field events.
- Curtis Hanson: Director.
- James Matson: Kilgore sports Champions.
- Chiaffredo Rora: Italian member of the Italian National Swimming Team, died with his entire team in an air disaster at Bremen, Germany on January 28, 1966 when the pilot overshot the runway.
- Dave Bakenhaster: American baseball player, a pitcher for the St. Louis Cardinals.
- Lena Baker: American convicted murderer (Born 1901).
- Generals Eisenhower, Patton and Patch meet in Luneville
- US 7th Army Corps captures Cologne.
- Allies bombs The Hague, Netherlands.
- US Ladies Figure Skating Championship won by Gretchen Merrill.