Monday 5 April 1943US date format: 4/5/1943, UK date format: 5/4/1943
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 5, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Louis Tauran and Skip Thoren.
We Dive at Dawn, directed by Anthony Asquith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 April 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 April 1943!
Which were the important events of 5 April 1943 ?
- Saint Geeraard
- The last day of the tax year in the United Kingdom.
- Blessed Kreszentia Hoess
- Saint Vincent Ferrer
- Arbor Day in South Korea
- Qingming Festival in the Chinese calendar
- Mauritius: Ougadi.
- Saint Irena (d. 304)
- Jean-Louis Tauran: French ecclesiastic, a Roman Catholic Cardinal named in June 2007 as the Vatican's new coordinator of interreligious dialogue effective September 1, 2007.
- Skip Thoren
- Max Gail in Detroit: Michigan, USA; actor (Barney Miller, Whiz Kids, DC Cab, Normal People).
- Max Gail: American actor and director.
- Ales Hrdlicka: Czech anthropologist (Born 1869).
- Allies bomb Mortsel
- Japanese troops conquer Indin
- Poon Lim found after being adrift 133 days.
- World War II: American bomber aircraft accidentally cause more than 900 civilian deaths, including 209 children, and 1300 wounded among the civilian population of the Belgian town of Mortsel. The target is the Erla factory one kilometer from the residential area hit.